Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hamboigah! Hamboigah! Hamboigah!!!

Welcome to hamburger Tuesday. Every Tuesday (when I remember) I'm gonna feature a different hamburger recipe.

This week: Black Peppercorn and Roasted Garlic burger stuffed with Bleu Cheese Crumbles.


Recipe used: Um, Black Peppercorn and Roasted Garlic burger stuffed with Bleu Cheese Crumbles (obvious cook is obvious). My recipe (all measurements approximate).

Boigah!!!
serves 1
.5 lb ground beef (the higher the quality the better, I prefer ground brisket. It's spendy)
1 Tablespoon of bleu cheese crumbles
1 Tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper (yes, that much)
2 cloves of minced roasted garlic
1 small onion, .25 minced, .75 thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon of bacon bits (real bacon)
2 strips of thick cut bacon
sharp cheddar cheese
ketchup
mustard
Miracle Whip



In the biggest skillet you have, melt 2 Tablespoons of the butter with the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion slices and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, until they take on just a little bit of color. Reduce the heat to very low and let cook for 30 to 40 minutes, until a soothing golden color and a soft, soft consistency.

While the onions are becoming perfection, put the bacon strips on the George Foreman grill. (Hey, it's seriously how bacon should be prepared in my opinion) Cook until desired crispiness, remove to paper towels.

In a medium sized bowl, mix the ground beef, black pepper, roasted garlic, and bacon bits. Form into a ball when thoroughly mixed together. Using your thumb, push an indent in the middle of the ball, stuff this with bleu cheese (sometimes I put jalapenos in there too!). Roll meatball concealing the bleu cheese within. Flatten (not completely, it will still be quite thick, see photo) You should not see the bleu cheese.

The burger can be cooked one of two ways, heavy cast iron skillet or Foreman grill. I realize that I'm going against nature, but I swear by the George Foreman. There's less fat left for the burger to sit and soak in and I feel like I'm getting more of the flavor without that fat wading pool. Once the burger is done to your liking, remove from grill and set on paper towel and cover in foil. Let it rest for 5 minutes.

Place burger on bun, top with crispy bacon, caramelized onions, mustard, ketchup, and miracle whip. Slice cheese to desired thickness, place on top of mountain of loveliness. Place top bun on top. Serve with fries.

I cheated on the fries, they're just Ore-Ida.










5 comments:

  1. Looks great! Although I do not understand the cheese not being melted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really kinda expensive cheese. I wanted to taste all of it's cheeseness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have vegetarian roommates who would eat my burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete